Be A Centra Nurse
Be A Centra Nurse
Become a part of one of the finest healthcare systems in the country, serving central and southside Virginia. Centra currently has numerous full-time, part-time and limbo nursing positions available throughout all of our facilities. Recruiting events are held throughout the year around the region.
Sign-on Bonus and Incentives
We’re offering a $10,000 sign-on bonus for select full-time positions and a $5,000 sign-on bonus for select part-time positions.
Nurses With Less Than Two Years Experience
- Sign-on Bonus
- $5,000 ($2,500 at 6 months, $2,500 at 12 months)
- Offer available for full-time positions on ALL units and departments at Lynchburg General and Virginia Baptist hospitals plus the Southside Community Hospital Telemetry Medical Surgical Unit
- Loan Absorption
- $5,000/yr. for 3 yrs.
- Commit to a full-time position on Lynchburg General Hospital's General Medical, Pulmonary Oncology and 3 East Surgical units or on Southside Community Hospital's Telemetry Medical Surgical Unit
- Must remain on the hired unit to receive loan payment
Nurses With Two Or More Years Experience
- Sign-on Bonus
- $10,000 for full-time positions ($5,000 at 6 months, $5,000 at 12 months)
- $5,000 for part-time positions ($2,500 at 6 months, $2,500 at 12 months)
- Relocation Assistance
- Up to $3,000 for more than a 50 mile radius
RN, General Medical Unit, Lynchburg General Hospital
The General Medical Unit is a 33 bed medical-telemetry unit that provides care for patients with a wide variety of diagnosis including gastrointestinal, respiratory, and neurological disorders. The unit is staffed by nurses that are passionate about providing high quality care while engaging in frequent practice trials in an on-going effort to improve outcomes.
Up to $15,000 sign-on bonus offered for full time positions for RNs with a minimum of two years experience. Must hold a valid license as a Registered Nurse in Virginia or hold a multistate licensure. Will consider new graduates or experienced nurses for this position. Variable shifts are available.
Nursing Student Career Connection
February 8, 2017, 4:30 – 7:00 pm
Kirkley Hotel and Conference Center
2900 Candlers Mountain Road, Lynchburg
If you're an RN, LPN or CNA student we want to get to know you! Join us on February 8 to learn about our nursing opportunities. You'll have the opportunity to meet with nursing leaders and preceptors and enjoy food, music, giveaways and door prizes. Please bring your resume! We'll be conducting on-site interviews. We would love to meet you!
Why you should attend:
- Meet with hiring managers
- Learn about our RN Residency Program
- Learn about our new graduate, nurse extern and student nursing assistant opportunities
Benefits of working at Centra:
- Competitive pay and shift differentials
- Flexible scheduling
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Shared governance
- Education assistance
- Student loan absorption and sign-on bonus for select positions
- NCLEX reimbursement
Picture yourself at one of the top healthcare systems in the southeast
At Centra, our nurses are dedicated to excellence, professionalism, teamwork and compassionate care. It’s why Centra Lynchburg General, Virginia Baptist hospitals and Centra Medical Group earned the coveted Magnet® designation, the nation’s highest nursing honor. This commitment to nursing excellence is one of the reasons why Centra is the region’s choice for healthcare.
Centra currently has numerous full-time, part-time and PRN/Limbo nursing positions available throughout all of our facilities. Even if there isn’t a job specific to your skills, leave your information, and we’ll keep you informed of job openings.
Angela Cassidy, RN, MSN
Renee Scott, RN, BSN