CMG – Lynchburg Family Medicine Residency
CMG – Lynchburg Family Medicine Residency
Established in 1975, this is a family medicine residency clinic affiliated with Centra Health, Inc.
Lynchburg Family Medicine Residency has been a medical home to Lynchburg for over 40 years. Our mission of “Educating Family Physicians through Excellent Patient Care” means we provide continuous, compassionate and competent healthcare that develops the practice skills of our resident physicians for the challenges of their careers. We meet our mission through regularly updated and amiable physicians, state-of-the-art facility, friendly professional-staff and ongoing community involvement.
- We practice as a team of professionals, supervised by board certified specialists in comprehensive care for all ages and most medical issues including prenatal, maternity, newborn, prediatric, adult, and geriatric care
- We are the only health center that has an academic mission, sponsored by Centra and nearly all other specialists in the Lynchburg area
- Several of our physicians are regional, national and, even international, leaders in their field, and hold many academic appointments with groups like UVA, VCU, VCOM, amd Liberty University
- Our physicians and staff are involved in your community, reaching out to improve the health of Central Virginia through the Free Clinic of Central VA and support of the VA in Salem and many sporting events
- We provide ongoing care to lessen the risk of hospital admission, but in cases where this cannot be avoided, we also seamlessly follow your care throughout your hospital stay and afterward, to prevent readmission. We are the only primary care group in Lynchburg with physicians who admit patients to area hospitals. We also offer prenatal care with a provider who is on call to deliver the baby.
As a result of our academic focus, community connection, team care and continuous connection with our patients, we know we can be a part of your family and a home for your health.
Appointments are required for routine medical care such as physicals and wellness visits. If you cannot keep your appointment, please call 24 hours in advance to reschedule. Same day appointments are available for patients that are sick. Please call early in the day if you need to be seen.
- Primary care of all age groups
- Pre-natal delivery and postpartum care
- On-site OB/GYN ultrasound
- Immunization, including flu shots
- Counseling services for all ages
- On-site laboratory
- On-site radiology
Patient Centered Medical Home
Home. It's where everyone knows you and your needs are met. It's where you feel comfortable, safe and secure. A medical home is very similar. It's a dependable, reliable way to care for the total you - body, mind and emotional well-being - throughout all stages of life. Centra Medical Group - Lynchburg Family Medicine Residency is Lynchburg's first level 3 patient centered medical home. By focusing on a long-term approach, we provide you with continuous, comprehensive, coordinated care in partnership with your physicians and your personal healthcare team.
Medication & Prescription Refills
Please call your pharmacy for any prescription refills. The pharmacist will notify our office. We do not routinely prescribe antibiotics or refill narcotic medications over the telephone. If you feel you need a medication, please call the office and make an appointment to see your provider to ensure proper treatment. We also do not routinely refill clinical controlled substances on the first visit and we participate with the VA PMP (Prescription Monitoring Program).
Insurance and Payments
Should you have any billing questions, please contact Customer Service.
Centra's Customer Service Telephone Number: 434-200-3777 or 877-908-8707
Customer Service Fax Number: 434.200.6478
Important Emails: Billing.firstname.lastname@example.org
Walk-in Customer Service: Centra Business Center, 1204 Fenwick Drive, Lynchburg, Virginia 24502
Walk-in Hours: 8:30 am – 5pm, Monday through Friday
Awards and Recognition
High Evaluation Award 2015-2016
The VCU Department of Family Medicine and Population has awarded Centra Medical Group – Lynchburg Family Medicine Residency with the High Evaluation Award for 2015 – 2016 for excellence in teaching. Faculty who teach in courses or clerkships are considered for high evaluation awards. Award recipients must receive a ranking of excellent or higher on student evaluations. We are proud to be an award recipient and continually strive to promote a positive learning environment filled with great experiences.