We help patients live out the last months, weeks and days of life as fully as possible. Hospice is for individuals seeking comfort and relief of symptoms rather than curative treatment. We serve patients in their homes, assisted living, nursing facilities, hospitals and Centra's Hospice House. Hospice care extends to the family, caregivers, and friends.
Common hospice diagnoses include:
- Congestive heart failure/heart disease
- Lung disease
- Liver or kidney disease
- Alzheimer's disease/dimentias
- General decline
Symptoms which may indicate you or a loved one is ready for hospice care include:
- Chronic multiple diseases
- Decreased appetite/weight loss
- Dependence in most activities of daily living
- Multiple Emergency Room visits
- Shortness of breath
- Sleeping more
- Frequent falls
- Physical decline
Why choose us?
We are proud to be a Hospice Honors Recipient, an annual honor recognizing the hospices that continuously provide the highest level of quality as measured from the caregiver’s point of view.
Award criteria were based on Hospice CAHPS survey results from patient families compared on question-by-question basis to a national average score. Award recipients are identified by evaluating hospices’ performance on a set of twenty-four quality indicator measures.
Not all hospices are alike.
We are locally owned, not-for-profit and we have served the community for over 30 years.
- Connection to Centra's full continuum of care including Hospice House, in-patient hospice unit at Guggenheimer and skilled nursing facilities
- We offer more choices and options
- We have a dedicated, full-time medical director, physicians, nurse practitioners and hospice nurses
- You will receive bereavement services for one year
- Compassionate, dedicated volunteers ready and willing to help
- Complementary services such as music therapy and massage are available
Many families say that they wish they had learned about hospice care earlier to give them more time to take full advantage of the services. If you are unsure about whether it is the right time to consider hospice, ask your physician or call us.