With a newborn on the way, finding the right prenatal care, services and education is important. Centra Virginia Baptist Hospital, the region’s first Baby Friendly® hospital, employs a perinatal navigator to work closely with expectant moms for guidance and support.
Our focus is ensuring a safe and healthy pregnancy for mother and baby and helping families receive the best care. The perinatal navigator is a nurse who serves as an advocate for expectant moms and works closely with physicians in the region.
Our perinatal navigator:
• Builds professional relationships with expectant moms and families
• Works collaboratively with local and regional healthcare providers
• Coordinates care throughout a pregnancy
• Encourages families to attend Childbirth and Family Education classes
• Provides education and support
• Ensures moms-to-be are well informed and understand prenatal care plans
• Helps women and families remove barriers to prenatal care
• Helps expectant mothers and families navigate appointments and consultations
• Provides education, guidance and resources for high-risk pregnancies
For more information:
Shannon Miles, B.S.N., R.N.
Office: 434.200.6565 | Cell: 434.485.3725