Dr. Kauppi is board certified in Internal Medicine- Endocrinology. After earning his medical degree from Emory University he received additional training through a residency in Internal Medicine at Emory University, and a fellowship in Endocrinology at Emory University. He loves caring for the Lynchburg community because, "I love the city and its people. Lynchburg has been my home since 2004. I take great pride in providing the best care for my patients, improving their control of their diabetes or other endocrine problems, and improving their quality of life." When he is not providing care at the Heart and Vascular Institute, he likes to spend his time bicycling, golfing, playing the tuba, and spending time with family.
- Endocrinology, Emory University, June 2004
- Internal Medicine, Emory University, June 2002
- MD, Emory University School of Medicine, May 1999
- Bachelor of Science, Georgia Institute of Technology, June 1994
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology
- Endocrine Certification of Neck Ultrasound