Our approach to care
Thank you for trusting your heart and vascular health to Centra. It’s a privilege to get to know you — and we look forward to caring for you for years to come.
If you have an upcoming follow-up appointment, test or procedure, we want you to have a positive experience. Follow the tips below to help ensure a simple, streamlined visit.
Get ready for your appointment
Prepare for your visit by taking care of the following items ahead of time:
- Review your health insurance information. See if you’ll need to pay a copay for your visit, and how much it will cost. If you’re not sure which services your insurance covers, or you have questions about deductibles or coinsurance, call your insurance provider. You can also call our billing department with questions about charges at 434.200.3777.
- Gather your current medications. Your provider will need to know which prescription medications you take, including the name, dose and how often you take it. Plan to bring your medications (in their original pharmacy containers) with you to your appointment.
- Make a list of questions. Write down any questions or concerns you have, so you can make sure they’re all addressed during your visit. If you want an extra set of ears to help take in all the information offered by your provider, feel free to bring a friend or loved one with you to your appointment.
- Double-check your appointment time. Make sure to note the time and location of your appointment. For your convenience, we will give you a reminder call two days prior to your visit. If you need to cancel or reschedule, please do so at least 24 hours in advance by calling 434.200.5252.
- Plan your route. If you’re visiting us for the first time, make sure you know how to get here, where to park and where to check in. Don’t hesitate to call the location where your appoint
The day of your visit
We look forward to seeing you at your appointment. Please make sure to:
- Arrive early. Plan to get here at the time written on your appointment card, so you have time to complete the check-in process.
- Be prepared to pay your copay. We prefer to collect insurance copays during the check-in process.
- Bring required items. Please bring your health insurance card and driver’s license or other form of ID. You should also bring your current medications in their original bottles, and any forms we’ve asked you to fill out ahead of time.
- Ask questions during your appointment. We want to make sure you understand your diagnosis and the type of care you’ll need. Use this time to ask your provider questions or bring up concerns.
Your provider will let you know if you need to schedule a follow-up visit, complete lab or imaging tests, or have a medical or surgical procedure. We will give you instructions to guide you through next steps. We will also make sure your primary care doctor (or other referring physician) is informed about any cardiovascular care you receive at Centra.