Kenneth Saum, M.D., is board certified in general and thoracic surgery and specializes in cardiac and thoracic surgery. He earned his medical degree from Medical College of Virginia. He completed his internship and residency in surgery and fellowships in cardiothoracic surgery and thoracic surgical oncology at the University of Maryland Medical System. Dr. Saum is a diplomat of the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Thoracic Surgery and a member of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons.
- Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Maryland Medical System, June 1999
- Surgery, University of Maryland Medical System, June 1991
- General Surgery, University of Maryland Medical System, June 1996
- Doctor of Medicine, Medical College of Virginia, January 1990
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
- Board Certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery
- Certified in Abiomed ventricular assist device implantation, Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
Where I see my Patients
Rating & Reviews
Ratings and comments are obtained from verified patient survey data collected on behalf of Centra by a third-party vendor, Press Ganey Associates, Inc. Centra uses Press Ganey’s MD satisfaction surveys to assess patients' experiences with healthcare providers and staff. In order to support full transparency, Centra ensures that the full range of patient comments, both positive and negative, are published.
Star ratings are displayed only for those physicians who participate in Centra’s patient experience survey program through Press Ganey and have received a minimum of 30 surveys responses.
Despite the drive toward full transparency, occasionally some comments cannot be published because they jeopardize the patient’s privacy, contain vulgar or offensive language, or contain libelous or defamatory content. In these rare instances, comment exclusion based on a strict set of exclusion criteria may be appropriate.