What is the purpose of Developmental Pediatrics and Psychiatry?
- Our developmental pediatric providers assess individuals with developmental difficulties/delays to provide diagnostic evaluation, medication management, and make appropriate referrals for supportive services.
- Our psychiatric providers assess individuals with mental, emotional, and/or behavioral difficulties (often associated with developmental disorders like ADHD and Autism) to provide diagnostic evaluation, medication management, and make appropriate referrals for supportive services.
How do I get an appointment?
- For an appointment with one of our developmental pediatricians, you must obtain a referral from your child’s primary care provider/pediatrician.
- For an appointment with psychiatry, patients can be referred by any healthcare provider or seek treatment without referral.
How often are appointments and how long do they last?
- Initial evaluations typically take place over the course of an hour. Frequency of follow up visits depend on individual patient need, on an annual basis at minimum. Follow up appointments typically involve brief patient check-ins to evaluate progress, continue care coordination, and adjust medication if indicated.
Providers at Centra Autism and Child Development Center specialize in the following:
Evaluation and treatment of a variety of developmental difficulties and associated functional, cognitive, emotional, and behavioral difficulties in children and young adults. Disorders at Centra Autism and Child Development Center include, but are not limited to:
- Intellectual Disability
- Receptive/Expressive Language Delays
- Cognitive Delays
- Gross and Fine motor Delays
- Disruptive behaviors
- Anxiety, depression, mood disorders, psychosis, tic disorders, trauma and stressor related disorders, and more