Our approach to care
We help you understand the grief process. Services are available to family/friends of patients served by Centra Hospice up to 13 months from the death. Additionally, we offer individual counseling, regularly-scheduled memorial services and referrals for additional community resources.
Our support groups are free and open to the community. Some topics include grief and Covid-19, managing the loss of a parent, loss of spouse/partner, loss of a child, loss of a sibling and suicide grief support.
While everyone deals with grief differently, there are common experiences that grieving persons share:
- Change in sleep and/or appetite patterns
- Decreased energy
- Difficulty concentrating/making decisions
- The feeling of being in a fog
- Heightened sensitivity
- A desire to cocoon immediately following the death
- Would have, should have, could have, what if?
- Why, why now, why this way?
- Questioning the meaning of life
While each person's journey through grief is unique, it is important to know you are not alone. Call or email us at HospiceBereavementCounselors@CentraHealth.com