Peter O’Brien, M.D., F.A.C.C. is board certified in ABIM Interventional Cardiology and ABVM Endovascular and Vascular Medicine, with a special interest in carotid, peripheral and coronary artery disease. After earning his medical degree from the University of Virginia, he completed his internship and residency at the University of Virginia Hospital. He performed fellowships in cardiovascular disease and interventional cardiology at the Wake Forest University-Bowman Gray School of Medicine and in peripheral vascular intervention at the Novant Health Presbyterian Medical Center in Charlotte, NC. He loves caring for the Lynchburg community because "this is my home, and caring for friends and neighbors is a privilege and a chance to give back to my community." When he is not providing care at the Heart and Vascular Institute, he likes to spend his time, with family. Dr. O’Brien is a founder and co-chairman of the Virginia Heart Attack Coalition, Medical Director of Madaktari Africa and Medical Director of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory at Centra Stroobants Heart Center.
- Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center
- University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, January 1970
- University of Virginia Health Sciences Center
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine — Interventional Cardiology
- American Board of Vascular Medicine — Vascular and Endovascular Medicine