At Centra we've created an inclusive environment wherein differences are valued and integrated. By recognizing the unique contributions of each individual, we encompass all of the ways human beings are both similar and different. Remarkable things happen when we encourage different points of view, value our various talents and skills, and learn from one another's experiences. By integrating various diversity and inclusion strategies within Centra’s culture, we are effectively serving the needs of our diverse population within the community, while enhancing our distinct talents to improve our ability to deliver excellent care for life to all.
Centra Diversity and Inclusion Mission Statement
Diversity, equity and inclusion are central to Centra’s mission of excellent care.
This mission, while simple in words, is broad in implication and effect. The statement, as well as all actions supported by the diversity and inclusion program, is intended to encompass race, age, ethnicity, gender, religion, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, disabilities, nationality, and veteran status.
Objectives of our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Program
Centra’s vision to be the most trusted provider of innovative healthcare is best accomplished by ensuring we are a regional healthcare system that embraces diversity and inclusion among its community and workforce. Indeed, an environment that is inclusive of everyone and recognizes and rewards the contributions of an entire workforce ignites motivation and passion. As a result, everyone benefits — our health system, our patients, our community, and our employees.
Centra’s Diversity and Inclusion Program is organized around four primary goals:
- Promoting the recruitment and advancement of students and staff from diverse backgrounds.
- Respecting and encouraging cultural diversity and inclusion throughout our health system.
- Creating a climate of inclusiveness, respect, and understanding.
- Improving access to quality healthcare for underserved populations of our community.
These goals are accomplished with a three-fold priority:
- Organizational Behavior – to ensure that leadership, physicians, staff, volunteers and the organization's culture represent and value each other and the communities served.
- Career Engagement – inspire and mentor individuals from the community to consider and pursue health care careers.
- Clinical Practice – to ensure patient satisfaction and loyalty and improve treatment outcomes through the cultural and linguistic competence of clinicians.