Virginia Henderson Institute for Clinical Excellence
Henderson was the aunt of Cinda Hurt, who is the wife of George Hurt, MD, one of Centra’s own physicians. Dr. and Mrs. Hurt established the Virginia Henderson Fund with the Centra Foundation to direct funds toward nursing research, education, and excellence. We are so thankful for their generous support!
Funding for the first cohort of the Virginia Henderson Scholars Program was provided by the Centra Foundation through generous donor support to the Greatest Need Fund.
Virginia Henderson Scholars Program features:
This program is available to nursing students and nurse residents. Upon completion of an application and acceptance into the program, nursing students in their final semesters of coursework will receive priority clinical placement, enjoy a paid internship, and receive a retention bonus. Likewise, nurse residents are eligible to participate who commit to the completion of a scholarly project to improve patient care.
• Early employment decision for senior nursing students
• Priority clinical placement for senior student practicum
• Paid internship for clinical hours completed as students
• Stipend for work commitment paid annually x 3 years
* Applications for practicums are reviewed in the Summer and Fall annually