The goal of the Lynchburg Family Medicine Residency Medical Student Program is to provide 3rd and 4th year medical students with an opportunity to learn and practice clinical skills in a family medicine setting.
Objectives of this program include:
- Sharpen history taking and physical diagnostic skills in an outpatient or inpatient setting
- Practice medical decision making via evidence-based medicine tools
- Learn to present cases to attending physicians and to utilize consultants appropriately
- Understand the role of family medicine in the overall healthcare system
- Experience post-graduate medical education by interacting with family medicine residents